Thursday, December 29, 2011

Easy Beaded Necklace


I'm feeling a bit under the weather; body aches, sore throat, stuffy nose, etc. So while I was home today laying on the couch watching Harry Potter DVD's to my hearts content, I made this little necklace to cheer myself up. I am by no means an expert at jewelry making, in fact, I generally just kind of improvise. I tend to end up with stuff that's not half bad though, so I keep at it.

To make this necklace all I used were beads (larger orange ones with some glitter to them, and smaller Robin's egg blue shell beads), some wire, a jump ring, a lobster clasp and some little jewelry pliers (I got them for $1 at Wal-Mart back in the day).

I used my wire to make several groupings of beads (blue-orange-blue), and connected them together to get my desired length. I connected them all together simply by using my pliers and makings little loops at the end of each wire piece, the loops are then hooked together. This gives the necklace the ability to move, rather than stay rigid. One end of the chain of beds then got a jump ring, and the other got a clasp. Voila! New necklace :)

I especially like this necklace because I used my new color combo obsession to make it: I LOVE LOVE LOVE orange with light blue.

Do you have any color crushes at the moment?



4 comments:

  1. You did kinda get me hooked on that Aqua & Red combo from your Pinterest. But I also still dig Hot Pink and Block, you know, murderXcrew colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! We had a aqua tree this year with red ornaments! I never really did finish making ornaments, so I think I'll finish it next year and then show it off properly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through craftgawker. Your blog is really cute and so is that necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is the name of your shop?

    ReplyDelete