Friday, December 23, 2011

Vintage Embroidery Patterns


Get out your hoops and floss, it's embroidery time! I found this great flickr group with thousands of vintage embroidery patterns (through Pinterest, of course). I just had to share with you all! If you are seasoned at embroidery these would make tons of great last minute gifts for the Holidays: on hand towels, tea towels, wall hangings, pillows, apron embellishments, etc.

There are a bunch that would be great for beginners too! Maybe over the holiday weekend you can teach yourself a stitch or two and whip up some goodies as well. Here is a great resource for teaching yourself some stitches to get started.


I am also starting some embroidery tutorials if the site above isn't informative enough for you. I will try to remember to come back to this post and link them all so they are easy to find.


Backstitch
French Knot
Satin Stitch
Couching


I hope everyone has a great weekend and gets to enjoy some time with friends, family and crafts!


4 comments:

  1. Hello

    Good Day,interesting post keep the good work.i'll be back for more

    -Kathy
    www.healthandwellnessconsultants.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you teach us how to really make them? please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah- I'm working on that at the moment! It has been a very busy couple of weeks, but as soon as I get photos and everything done, there will be a tutorial or two of some of the patterns I picked out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoop Love at Flickr is another great pool of patterns. I also have hundreds of free patterns on my site

    http://french-knots.com

    ReplyDelete