Monday, December 19, 2011

Scrap Project Roundup



I have been trying to finish up all of my Holiday crafting, so I got behind on my scrap fabric projects last week. To make it up to all of you, here are a bunch of super cute scrap fabric projects I found on Pinterest! Above you will see a fabric scrap Memory game, found at Babble.





This is a great wall art project using fabric scraps and embroidery hoops, from The Purl Bee. While this project just uses fabric swatches, you could certainly do some embroidery on your scraps to add even more visual interest.





Here are some garden flags from Design Sponge. I think these are adorable. Use toothpicks and the same idea to make cupcake flags!




A fantastic fabric mosaic, as wall art, by Cart Before the Horse. You could also Mod Podge fabric to a piece of furniture for the same mosaic effect, just make sure to seal your final piece.




This vintage chair rehab with scrap fabrics is absolutely gorgeous! I've recovered a chair before and it's hard work, but this is just amazing! Found at Dornob (they have several scrap fabric recover jobs, I highly recommend checking it out).




You can also use your scraps to make a cute pillow case, like this one from Cluck Cluck Sew.



What are your favorite projects to do with scraps?


7 comments:

  1. hi kari! I emailed you yesterday already. you're the winner of the giveaway on my blog! please send me an email at sasikirana at yahoo, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilting on the couch is amazing. I'm super tempted to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! I just have to find a worthy piece of furniture, and the time to do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THESE PROJECTS. THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely, thank you for sharing :) Now the new year is here I have time to start making things again. Going to have a go at the cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing... love the ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never tried to sew but I am so going to try some of these! Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete