Monday, June 13, 2011

Yarn Bombing!



This picture was taken by one of my BFFs, Amanda, at a yarn bombing effort in Atlanta, GA. Her contribution is the pink stripey block on the bench you see here. I have seen some really awesome yarn bombing stuff online lately, including people who have covered entire vehicles and statues, and I find myself rather jealous that as crafty as I am, I can not knit or crochet all that well, so don't get to participate in fun little events like this.

Most recently, I saw an entire row of bike stands here in Portland covered in their own colorful yarn cozies! Have you seen or participated in any yarn bombing in your city/town? Do you do some other craft that you share with the world? Sidewalk chalk art? Small postcard or business card art left on pin boards? I just started a Flickr group where you can post your favorite public art and craft photos here.

4 comments:

  1. I just saw a fantastic yarnbomb yesterday on a bike rack outside of Common Grounds on Hawthorne (42nd-ish) -- wish I had taken a picture, but it's worth checking out if you're in the 'hood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll try to make it over there sometime, hopefully it will stay up awhile, my next couple days are busy busy busy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's one on the stop sign pole at 14th and Clay (SW) that says "I'll miss you"! Haha awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could be there

    ReplyDelete