Thursday, August 4, 2011

Shark Plush

Here is a cute little felt shark project for you all. There is a template at the bottom of this post, you can resize it in your favorite image software to make a plush shark that is as large or small as you like! Also, upon looking at the pattern, I would say that if you make 2 of the top (main body) pieces large enough for a dog, you could easily turn this into the pug costume I showed yesterday with only a couple tweaks. What on earth would I use a felt shark for, you ask? Well, you could make several of these and turn it into a shark mobile, attach a magnet or pin back to a smaller version and you have those options as well. Or just give your sewing area or desk its own little shark invasion. Go nuts!

To make this shark you will need to cut out 2 of the main body pieces and one of the bottom pieces (the ones without the tail). As you can see from my picture, any color will do. I happened to fancy a green and magenta shark, you could certainly be more realistic. Add button eyes if you want, you could also embroider on some eyes, gills, etc. Add a mouth and teeth if you are so inclined. The pattern is simple, so lends itself to any embellishments you want to add yourself!








10 comments:

  1. My son is a shark week freak! I'll have to show his these :)

    I run Fun Family Crafts, a site similar in nature to Craftgawker and Spotlight, but different in that it's a library of craft tutorials geared only at kids. I would love it if you'd stop by and submit this to be featured! (I link to you, I don't post your tutorial on the site) Feel free to submit as many kid friendly craft tutorials as you like! http://funfamilycrafts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank so much for the pattern. My son wanted his much bigger. When I finish him I will post his picture he has teeth and gills too..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! This is just what I was looking for :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this! My 7 year old and I made this for a school project and it turned out so cute! It was easy enough for him to handle, but cute enough that he's super proud of it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just made your shark, I did alter the pattern a bit so that ha had his mouth open but I love him! He was quick enough to whip up I was able to do it while watching Shark Week last night. picture on my blog
    http://bocboc-n-bows.blogspot.com/2012/08/shark-week-has-arrived.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. We made about 30 of these during Shark Week. I hope you don't mind I posted it on our Shark Week blog: oursharkweek.com.

    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So awesome! My goal is to teach my niece basic sewing/ embroidery and this is. Great present for her brother

    ReplyDelete