Thursday, November 10, 2011

Humpback Whale Plush


I am completely obsessed with whales lately, all kinds. Luckily, a lot of the design world seems to agree with me lately. I was inspired by a pin on Pinterest to this site to make my own whale plush. By looking at several images online of humpback whales as well as the tips on this site (use Google translate to read the original post, it is written in Finnish).

I'm a little envious of the original, but I plan to tweak my pattern and see if I can't get better proportions in the future. I also have lots of plans to try making other whale crafts soon, including a nice big pillow for my sofa, and maybe I'll design some new fabric on Spoonflower.




What do you think?



6 comments:

  1. Thanks! I plan on trying a few more, maybe with some bold patterns rather than the denim. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is brilliant ... i love how it isnt cutesy .. i would be proud if he lived in my house.

    cleo
    cleo (AT) techgear.co.za

    ReplyDelete
  3. very clever, going to add it to my http://www.juxtapost.com postboard for future reference

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I think I am going to try to make another one soon, I will post more step by step photos and a scalable pattern when I do!

    ReplyDelete